See if You Qualify
Not sure if you qualify?
WIC is available to anyone who lives in California and meets the program guidelines regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, or disability.
- To qualify for WIC, you must meet income guidelines and be in any of the categories below:
- A pregnant woman
- A woman breastfeeding a baby under 1 year of age
- A woman who had a baby or was pregnant in the past 6 months
- A baby up to his or her first birthday
- A child up to his or her fifth birthday
- You may qualify if you receive Medi-Cal, CalWORKs (TANF) or CalFresh (SNAP) benefits.
- Working families, military families and migrant families are welcome to apply.
Required for first WIC appointment
- Identification — for yourself & any children age birth to 5 years (for example: immunization record, birth certificate, medical cards, etc.)
- Proof of pregnancy for pregnant participants
- Proof of address — a document verifying your current address
- Proof of income — current documents such as, paycheck, tax return or letter from employer
What should I expect at my first WIC appointment?
- Consent Form
- Know Your Rights and Responsibility Form (Spanish)
- Notice of Privacy Practices (Spanish)
- Please watch these videos before your first appointment:
- An Individualized Nutrition Assessment for each qualifying member of your family