Carrying Your Baby Skin-to-Skin
Transportar al Bebé Contra su Pied
- Welcome your baby into the world with skin-to-skin contact for at least 60 minutes after birth.
- Skin-to-skin contact is when you keep your baby dressed only in a diaper and cap against your bare skin, with a blanket covering your baby's back.
- Babies kept skin-to-skin are more likely to breastfeed well and breastfeed often which is important for building your milk supply.
- Holding your baby skin-to-skin can also help calm your baby, and regulate their body temperature and glucose level.
- Dads and other family members are encouraged to try skin-to-skin too.