First Hope Program
391 Taylor Blvd Suite 100
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
Placement Openings (contingent on staffing and will be determined by BAPIC Fair date, Feb 2, 2024)
- 1 PhD/PsyD 3rd or 4th year practicum position
- 24 hours per week. Required days are Tuesdays, Wednesdays 9am-noon, and Thursdays.
- Placement available September 2024 through June 2025. Early start or late finish is possible if trainee desire, as long as the contract is completed.
First Hope is an early intervention in psychosis program for residents of Contra Costa County. We offer intensive family-centered services to adolescents and young adults aged 12-30 years showing early signs of psychosis. We work with both Clinical High Risk (CHR) and First Episode Psychosis (FEP). Our mission is to prevent the occurrence of an initial or subsequent episode of psychosis and to reduce the secondary disability of those developing a psychotic disorder through
- Timely identification of young people living in Contra Costa County who are at risk for or showing early signs of psychosis.
- Rapid engagement in comprehensive treatment for those who would benefit from early intervention services, thereby offering the best chance for progress in school, work, and the development of social relationships.
- Community outreach and education with the goal of identifying all young people in the county who meet the criteria above.
Trainees will be part of our multidisciplinary team who provide assessments, therapy (individual, family, and/or group), care coordination, and community outreach and psychoeducation with cultural awareness and sensitivity. For those who are interested, there is also an opportunity to co-facilitate MultiFamily Groups (MFGs), which are held in the evening.
Trainees will engage in training and supervision to learn new models of early intervention for psychosis, including the PIER Model and Coordinated Specialty Care (CSC), and treatments such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for psychosis (CBTp).
Please email cover letter, resume and 3 letters of recommendation by BAPIC deadline to:
Jude Leung, PhD
First Hope: Early Intervention in Psychosis