Care Management Department
Contra Costa Health Plan's Case Management Program works telephonically with members who need help managing their complex healthcare and social needs. Our goal is to promote good health by assisting you in getting the care you need. We can also refer you to community resources that may be helpful to you. Case management is a free added benefit for Contra Costa Health Plan members.
Who is a Case Manager?
The Case Management Program is made up of a team of nurses and clinical social workers. Our team works together with you, your family, your primary care provider, and any specialists you may have to achieve the best possible health outcomes.
Case Managers can help if you have:
- Keeping medical appointments, taking medications as prescribed, and/or maintaining good nutrition
- Frequent Emergency Room visits
- Frequent hospital admissions or readmissions
- Housing, transportation, lack of food or other issues which may negatively affect your health
- Memory, mood, personality, or behavior changes
- Unstable medical conditions needing closer monitoring & education
- Caring for yourself or your family member
Scenarios in which a Case Manager can help you are:
- Help navigating the healthcare system or making appointments
- Help managing your health conditions at home with reminders, education, and guidance to help keep you out of the hospital
- Liaison between you and your health care providers
- Help you make sense of your medications and assist with refills
- Connection to appropriate services if you have concerns about caring for yourself or a loved one
- Providing housing/financial resources if available
- Connection to food delivery services if qualified and providing local food pantry options
- Connection to transportation, so you can make your doctor or dentist appointments, pick up prescriptions, etc.
- Connection to mental health or alcohol and other drugs services
- Connection to resources in your community
How do I request a Case Manager?
Simply call the Case Management Program at 925-313-6887 (TTY 711). Interpretation or translation services are free and available in your language.