When someone experiences a crisis – a fire, crime or medical emergency – they call 911 with the expectation of getting immediate emergency services. However, when that emergency is a behavioral health crisis, there is currently no timely and clinically appropriate response, which too often results in unnecessary suffering, loss of life, criminalization or incarceration. A3 addresses this enormous need by making behavioral health part of the emergency response system.
Contra Costa Health (CCH) is working to address the unmet behavioral health needs in Contra Costa County through A3. A3 provides timely and appropriate behavioral health crisis services to Anyone in Contra Costa County Anywhere at Anytime.
Currently, A3 operates five days a week during specific hours. As we expand these services over the next year, A3 will provide 24/7 emergency behavioral health support.
A3 Miles Hall Crisis Call Center:
- If you or someone you know is having a behavioral health crisis, please call our A3 Miles Hall Crisis Call Center for free emergency support.
- Open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Call 911 for incidents after those hours or on the weekend.
- Contra Costa Crisis Center: Call 211 or text 'HOPE' to 20121
- For youth (17 and younger): Call 877-441-1089